Christiana Care Rehabilitation
Stroke and Brain Injury Rehabilitation
The consequences of brain injury and stroke are unique to each survivor and can impact family members, loved ones and caregivers in significant ways. Recovery is a process that works best with long-term planning and the commitment of everyone involved.
Christiana Care's Stroke and Brain Injury Program for outpatients is designed to help each patient achieve the highest possible quality of life and independence. Our strong, interdisciplinary approach to treating brain injury and stroke can effectively address the needs of each patient as well as the needs of family, caregivers and others in the patient's circle of relationships.
Our multidisciplinary treatment team meets regularly to review each patient's progress and to adjust treatment goals. The team also meets with family members and caregivers to ensure that coordination, consistency and communication remain priorities of each patient's individualized treatment plan. Our program includes:
- Activities of daily living and life skills training.
- Upper-extremity retraining.
- Splinting/serial casting.
- Community re-entry.
- Functional cognition skills.
- Balance programming.
- Advanced mobility equipment.
- Gait and transfer training.
- Strengthening and endurance programs.
Speech and language pathology
- Video swallow and FEES testing.
- Voice therapy.
- Language skills retraining.
- Language-based cognitive skills.
- Full battery assessments.
- Treatment and counseling for individuals and families.
- Behavioral management.
- Social work.
- Care-management services.
- Community re-entry assistance with cooperating agencies.
Patients may additionally benefit from referrals for one or more of the following services:
- Assistance for visual impairment.
- Community support groups.
- Door-to-door transportation assistance.
- Driver education
- Financial management.
- Orthotics and prosthetics.
- Psychiatry and counseling.
- Spasticity and tone management.
- Vocational rehabilitation.
A physician referral is required for patients to enroll in the Stroke and Brain Injury Program for outpatients. Each patient who is referred to the program will receive a thorough evaluation by the appropriate members of the treatment team to determine type, duration and frequency of treatment necessary for optimum recovery.
|Outpatient Rehabilitation Services|
Medical Arts Pavilion 2, Suite 1205