Patient & Visitor Guide
If you have difficulty paying your hospital bill, please let us know. Christiana Care's Financial Assistance Program can help you. For more information, call 302-623-7000. In addition, financial assistance is also available through the following special funds and programs:
Breast Center Special Needs Fund
The Christiana Care Breast Center Special Needs Fund provides financial support to eligible patients for medical expenses while receiving the breast care that they need. Services include but are not limited to:
- Assistance with paying for procedures relating to the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, such as mammograms, biopsies and ultrasounds.
- Surgical consults for breast-related procedures.
- Fitting and purchase of mastectomy-wear, including prostheses.
- Fitting and purchase of wigs, hats and scarves.
- Lymphedema therapy, including sessions, medical supplies and compression wraps.
Patients eligible for financial assistance must be using Christiana Care Health System for their breast-care services, (mammograms, biopsies, ultrasounds, surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, physical therapy, home health care). Contact the Breast Center at 302-623-4200 for information about this fund.
The Cancer Special Needs Fund can help patients in need who are undergoing treatment at the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center.
The Cancer Special Needs Funds supports:
- Transportation for physician, radiation and chemotherapy appointments.
- Fitting, styling and purchase of wigs, hats and scarves.
- Mastectomy-wear, including prostheses.
- Genetic and psychological counseling.
- Lymphedema therapy, including sessions, equipment, pumps and compression wraps.
- Nutrition counseling and supplies.
- Medical equipment.
If you or a loved one need assistance, or if you have questions about this program, please call cancer care management at 302-623-4700 to speak with a social worker who will determine eligibility for assistance.
This program helps Delaware residents without insurance to get affordable and discounted health care, including regular check-ups and sick visits. A CHAP health coach will work as a link between you and the health care system. The health coach will help you to assess your health risks, identify barriers to care and determine how you can get the care you need. CHAP is operated with financial support from the Delaware Health Commission. It is also open to non-U.S. citizens. For more information, including eligibility requirements, call 302-428-6586.
The Christiana Care VNA Special Needs Fund provides financial resources to assist patients who need home health care but lack insurance or personal funds to pay for it. The Special Needs Fund also can provide equipment that makes healing at home possible. To find out more about the VNA Special Needs Fund, call the VNA at 888-862-0001.